Sunday, September 20, 2009

Thing 16

I have used the WIKI through out my Master's program and each time we utilized them in a different way. My first experience with WIKI was in my writing class. We used the WIKI as an agenda to keep us posted on events throughout the day. At the close of each class we would respond to the WIKI on what we learned an discussed in class for the day. In a Young adult literature class we used the WIKI to discuss the assigned books we were reading in class. This helped allow us to meet less in class for discussion but still enabled a productive class discussion on the literature we read. Currently my instructor is using the WIKI as a communiaction tool for class discussions on controversial topics. I like using the WIKI for this because often discussions can become heated and drawn out allowing less people to respond. The WIKI allows everyone the freedom to voice there opinion and others the chance to respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment